Saturday mornings……. July 24, Aug 21, Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 13
9:00 am to noon
Step into nature and refresh body, mind and spirit, inspired by the bestselling book “Braiding Sweetgrass”, by Robin Wall Kimmerer, mother, botanist, professor and member of the Citizen Potawatomie Nation. Experience eco-friendly planting techniques that can translate to your own backyard, nature journaling, creative play, mindfulness meditation, interactive learning, and more… with plenty of time to ‘simply be’ and deeply appreciate nature’s many gifts.
We’ll explore seven different themes from the book – one Saturday morning each month, 9:00 am to noon, May through November. Choose to attend one session or many. Adults of all ages and backgrounds are welcome!
Check-in at 10 Jeffreys Neck Road, Ipswich, MA 01938. Plan to spend time outdoors on adjacent lands of the Cuvilly Arts & Earth Center, Three Sisters Garden Project, and Notre Dame Spirituality Center.
What Participants Will Do in This Experience
Begin by reading the chapter of the month at your own pace and enjoying short, engaging videos that provide foundational information. Next, come to Ipswich for hands-on connection with nature and time to make meaning from experience through nature journaling and reflection.
July 24 “Grammar of Animacy” We’ll explore native plants and their place in a sustainable landscape.
August 21 “Allegiance to Gratitude” One way to return gifts to the earth is by composting at home!
September 18 “The Three Sisters” A blueprint for balance, harmony and reciprocity is written by plants – corn, beans and squash.
October 16 “The Honorable Harvest” As a springboard for a culture of reciprocity, we’ll look at the modern ecological movement towards sustainability in our own kitchens.
November 13 “People of Corn, People of Light” We’ll have fun with stories and creative ways celebrating our world guided by science and spirit.
$25 fee/session includes your hands-on materials, interactive learning, and time in nature. Please purchase your own copy of the book, “Braiding Sweetgrass” before the first session. Copies are available at the Spirituality Center Bookstore at retail cost. Your fee covers program materials and supports ongoing activities at the Centers. Sliding scale pricing is available on request.
Pre-registration is required for all sessions. Email email@example.com or call 978-380-1574. Please register early, as program attendance is limited.
– Check-in for all sessions outside the YURT at Cuvilly Arts & Earth Center, 10 Jeffreys Neck Rd, Ipswich, MA. Park in spaces near the yurt as directed.
– Dress for the outdoors including appropriate footwear and headgear. Activities will be typical of the mucking around you might do in your yard or patio. You may wish to bring garden gloves, bug repellant, water bottle, a sit-upon, something to write with and take notes.
– Restroom is available on premises.
– You will be asked to sign a waiver before engaging in on-site activities.
– All sessions will follow MA state requirements during the pandemic and participants must comply while on property. See MA.gov/covid for current guidelines.
– Rain dates will be announced if needed. Sessions will take place as scheduled unless we contact you beforehand.
– Have questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-380-1574. We hope to welcome you soon!
“Sweetgrass…. breathe it in and you start to remember things you didn’t know you’d forgotten.”